Josh Rock is a young Northern Irish player who has recently gained plenty of fame and acclaim due to his incredible performance in various professional darts tournaments during recent years. At just 21 years old, Josh has defeated several top professional dart players in tournaments since his international debut.
So, what kinds of darts does Josh Rock use? Currently, Josh uses 23-gram darts from the company Mission Darts. Earlier, this year, Josh signed up with Mission Darts and joined their team.
Read on to find out more about what darts Josh Rock uses. Also find answers to other questions related to Josh Rock’s darts. Happy reading!
What Kind of Darts Are There?
The darts themselves are perhaps the most important part of the equipment. A typical dart has four parts: the tip, the barrel, the shaft, and the flight.
- The tip. This is the part that sticks into the dartboard and is normally made of plastic.
- The barrel. The barrel is perhaps the most significant part of a dart since it determines its center of gravity. It can be made of different materials such as brass and tungsten. The weight of the barrel can also vary depending on the material.
- The shaft. Shafts are made of aluminum or plastic and are long and narrow. More length means more stability.
- The flight. Flights are large in size and increase air resistance. Beginners usually use larger flights for better accuracy.
What Darts Does Josh Rock Use?
So what darts does the darts player Josh Rock use? Currently, the player is known to use Mission darts. Josh Rock made headlines earlier this year when he signed with Mission Darts. He also claimed a Tour Card a while back.
Mission Darts is a company that specializes in making darts, flights, shafts, cases, dartboards, clothing, and a number of other darts accessories. The brand has a wide collection of steel tip and soft tip darts made from different materials including tungsten.
The company sells everything related to darts and is one of the most prominent and popular darts brands out there. It sponsors top professional darts players, as well as youth players.
The company has its own Player Development Manager who trains players. It also helps players identify the best equipment for themselves and creates it for them.
The website of Mission Darts also showcases the different darts used by players such as Ryan Joyce, Ritchie Edhouse, Alan Soutar, Connor Scutt, Brett Claydon, Martin Lukeman, and Xiaochen Zong.
To check the current price and availability of Mission Darts, click here to view the selection on Amazon.
What Weight Darts Does Josh Rock Use?
As we mentioned previously, Josh Rock currently uses Mission darts. More specifically, Josh uses 23-gram Mission Darts.
Darts are available in a variety of weights, between 18 and 40 grams. However, most players use darts with weights between 18 and 23 grams for brass darts and between 23 and 26 grams for tungsten darts.
What Goes Into Choosing the Right Darts
There are a lot of factors that are taken into consideration when choosing the perfect darts. Professional darts players try out a variety of different darts made from different materials having different weights before they select the perfect one for themselves. Most of these factors come down to personal preference and comfort.
Here are some factors players consider when choosing the right darts:
- Steel tip darts vs soft darts. Soft tip darts are light but don’t have the precision and accuracy steel tip darts have.
- Dart weight. Darts usually weigh between 18 and 40 grams, but most players use darts weighing between 18 and 26 grams. Choosing the weight of the dart comes down to personal comfort.
- Dart weight distribution. Darts can be evenly weighted, front-weighted, or rear-weighted. Again, choosing the weight distribution comes down to personal preference.
- Dart feel. The barrel of the dart can have different textures. It can be smooth, sharp, rough, or knurly. Players pick the barrel based on the grip and texture they are comfortable with.
Josh Rock Darts Ranking
Josh Rock has made headlines due to his incredible performance in darts games in recent years. As far as Josh’s current ranking is concerned, he stands at number 77 in the current world ranking according to the Professional Darts Corporation (PDC) ranking system.
Darts players are ranked based on their performance in games and tournaments. The PDC ranking is primarily based on the sum of prize money players have won in tournaments during the last couple of years.
History of Josh Rock
Born in 2001, Josh Rock is a 21-year-old professional darts player from Northern Ireland. He plays in Professional Darts Corporation tournaments.
Josh started playing darts at the age of 16 and made his international debut when he was 18 years old. In 2021, Josh received plenty of recognition and praise when he reached the final in the Irish Classic Men tournament in Killarney.
Although he lost the final to Shaun McDonald with a score of 3 – 5, he defeated plenty of high-ranking professional dart players in the games preceding the final, such as Belgian player Brian Raman. During this tournament, he also achieved one of the highest average scores in the history of World Darts Federation (WDF) tournaments.
This year, in 2022, Josh Rock won his PDC Tour Card by defeating Nathan Rafferty, a fellow Northern Irish darts player. He also signed with Mission Darts earlier this year.
Josh Rock is a young Northern Irish professional darts player who has shot to fame due to his outstanding performance in professional darts competitions. Since his international debut, he has shown incredible talent and has defeated many high-ranking players Irish Classic Men 2021 tournament.
Currently, Josh Rock uses 23-gram darts from Mission Darts, a company that produces darts equipment and trains professional players. He signed up with Mission Darts earlier this year.
In this guide, we covered everything you need to know about the darts Josh Rock uses. Thank you for reading!