Excitement abound, there are LEGOs to be found! It is always a good day when you get to buy new LEGO bricks, whether an accessory to an already loved set or a set from a brand-new collection, there are so many choices to be made. One of the most important choices to start your LEGO buying experience right is deciding where to buy them.
The shops that you will decide to go to will be determined by what you are trying to buy. If a rare or used set is what you desire, then hobby shops, secondhand stores, flea markets, and online marketplaces is where you should look. If you want something brand-new, including any set from LEGO’s brand-new line of 18+ creations, then you need to shop as larger retailers, at lego.com, or other LEGO specific online stores.
From local shops to big box stores, and online retailers to secondhand markets, there many places to choose from when deciding where to buy your next LEGO set. The following article lists and describes the locations you can go to shop for LEGO bricks, along with how to do local searches to find LEGOs near you, which online websites are LEGO specific, and what apps that you can use to find what you are looking for.
Local Gaming Shops
Visiting local shops is a great way to find unique and rare LEGO sets that you may not find online. You will be able to pick through new and used products, which gives options not found in any other type of store.
These sets are more likely to come from hobbyist or be sold by individuals that know about the topic. Another advantage of shopping at a local game shop is that you would be able to find help from an employee in purchasing a specific LEGO set.
Local Hobby shops
Shopping at your local hobby shops is a great way to discover new LEGO collection sets. A lot of hobby shops will carry LEGOs but if they do not, they will at least be able to help you figure out where to buy them.
Local Pawn shops
Checking your local pawn shops can be rewarding, especially if you find a rare and valuable LEGO set for less than retail value, but there is never a guarantee that there will be any available. LEGO sets can be valuable, so there is always a chance that someone has traded in their treasured LEGOs for much needed cash.
There can be amazing LEGO finds at flea markets! There is always a chance that someone at the flea markets understand the value and collectability of LEGO bricks, but there is always a chance that there won’t be anything available. A tip for flew markets is to find the booth that has the most toys, collectable or otherwise, and start asking around for LEGOs. You are bound to find someone from the area that knows where you can buy some LEGOs!
You should always keep an eye out of LEGO sets at garage or yard sales because it is a hot ticket item that people know will sell fast. Many people may not understand the value of their or their children’s LEGO sets, so you are more likely to get a good deal buying from a garage sale.
Church Rummage Sales
There are many churches that receive donations of old toys, including LEGOs, to be sold at their rummage sales that raise money for the church. There is always a chance that you could find a rare LEGO set at the fraction of the price.
Big Box Retail Stores
There are many retail stores that carry the LEGO brand in their toy departments. The store associates can help you order anything on their online store, but they might not be as knowledgeable as a LEGO hobbyist.
- Best Buy – Best Buy advertises 427 LEGO items on its online catalog. They have accessories and full sets including those labeled as recommended for 18+.
- Target – Within Target’s LEGO collection, there are 413 products for sale. They even have 11 LEGO sets and accessories that are listed as Only Available at Target, including sets from Star Wars, Harry Potter, and the Marvel Series.
- Kohl’s – There are 221 products listed in the LEGO department at Kohl’s. You can shop by age or by favorite characters, and they also offer clothing and accessories, along with LEGO brand gift cards.
- Walmart Supercenter – There are over 1000 results for LEGOs for sale at Walmart! They have all the different collections, accessories, and sets, and you are very likely to find a great deal.
- Local Super Center – Your local grocery super centers will carry LEGOs in their toy sections. These stores can include Meijer, Farm and Fleet, and others. These smaller supercenters are region specific.
One of the most amazing LEGO buying experiences happens at an actual LEGO store, where a LEGO Brick Specialist will help you pick out everything you need to get the perfect set. There are currently over 100 stores across the United States and hundreds more across the world. You will be able to find anything that LEGO has to offer.
- You can search for your nearest LEGO store on their website, www.lego.com, by entering your state information. You can view the results in map or list form.
Online Stores That Sell Lego
You can buy LEGO bricks online at any of the big retailers mentioned above and several different online marketplaces. The online Marketplaces will give you the option of shopping for used and brand-new LEGO sets.
Online stores that sell LEGO products include:
- Retail store websites
- The iconic LEGO.com store
- Facebook marketplace
- Bricklink.com marketplace
To check the current price and availability of Legos, click here to view the selection on Amazon.
How to Do a Local Search on Google to Find Legos Near You:
- Search Google for “LEGOs for sale near me”
- Shop from the ads listed under the result heading Shop LEGOs for sale – These will list both online websites and local stores that you will be able to purchase LEGOs from.
- Scroll down to the Maps sections of the results page – These results will be stores near you that you can go in-person to shop for LEGO bricks.
Apps You Can Use to Find Places to Buy Legos
There are many different apps that can help you find LEGO bricks to buy. These include apps from retail stores and marketplaces, along with LEGO specific apps such as myBricks from brickset.com, which gives you access to the entire LEGO catalogue.
So, there are so many choices to be made when shopping for LEGO bricks. It is important to decide where to buy your LEGOs from to have a great buying experience right from the start. From local shops to big box stores, and online retailers to secondhand markets, there many shops to choose from when deciding where to buy your next LEGO set.
The shops that you will decide to go to will be determined by what you are trying to buy. Rare and used LEGO sets can be found at hobby shops, secondhand stores, and online marketplaces. Whereas brand-new sets are more likely to be found at larger retailers, at lego.com, or other LEGO specific online stores. This includes anything from LEGO’s brand-new line of 18+ creations.
We hope one day that you can have the most amazing LEGO buying experience by visiting your nearest Official LEGO Store! And we hope that this article helps you find the all the locations available that you can visit, either in-person or online, that can help you buy LEGO bricks. Happy Building!