Pokémon cards are one of the most valuable possessions for any Pokémon cards collector. A serious Pokémon cards collector also knows that keeping the cards in pristine condition is vital since the condition of a Pokémon card ultimately affects its value.
However, finding a perfect binder takes work. The market has numerous binder types, all of which are uniquely different.
We understand the dilemma that Pokémon card collectors face while shopping for binders.
- The best binders should offer a balance of durability and style and fit all your valuable cards without the risk of damaging them.
- The Rayvol 9-Pocket Premium Zip Trading Card Binder can hold up to 720 cards and offers a mix of premium storage capacity and quality build. The binder is our recommended binder for extensive and valuable card collections.
- The D DACCKIT 4-Pocket Trading Card Binder is the perfect gift for kids or young adults just getting into the world of Pokémon cards trading.
- The best binder will last as long as you handle it carefully and avoid overloading it with cards.
In this article, we have compiled a comprehensive list of some of the best Pokémon binders in the market to help you make the right choice.
Should I Keep My Pokemon Cards in a Binder?—The Importance of Using a Binder for Pokémon Cards
Pokémon cards are stored in binders to protect the collection from damage. The best binders offer protection of the cards from dust and accidental spills and reduce the risks of wear and tear,
Binders are also a valuable tool for organizing your Pokémon cards. Binders are crucial for collectors with a large and diverse collection of cards who want to keep them easily accessible.
In addition, binders are an excellent way to show off your trade cards to your friends or display your fantastic collection!
On the downside, as much as binders are an excellent tool for storage, they can also be bulky and difficult to carry around when you have an extensive collection of cards. Binders for larger cards collection are also pricey.
Which Binder Is Best for Pokémon Cards?
Before we dive into our curated list of top binders, I will let you in on the top 3 factors you need to consider before settling on a specific type of binder. They include
- Excellent build quality
- Size of the binder
- Design that aligns with your taste and style
Excellent Build Quality
The best binder will be one that can last long and withstand wear and tear from frequent use when sorting through the cards. Your binder should be made of strong material that is waterproof and long-lasting. Moving your cards from one binder to the next frequently increases the chances of damage to your cards. So you want to ensure that you can use the binder frequently.
Related: Can You Double-Sleeve Pokemon Cards?
Size of the Binder
There are different sizes of Pokémon cards ranging from large and standard to small sizes. Ensure that you purchase a binder that can accommodate all your cards without the risk of damaging them. You will also want to check the size of your collection, as some binders can store a larger number of cards than others.
Design That Aligns With Your Taste and Style
Binders come in a variety of designs and colors and are a reflection of the collector’s taste and style. Choose a binder whose appearance reflects your style as a gamer and collector.
There are three main types of Binders in the market. These include:
- 3-ring binders
- Deck Boxes
- Album-style Binders
We will go into a deeper review of the different binder types and give our recommendations of the best in the market today.
Best Overall Ring Binder
This Ultra pro-Pokémon binder has excellent build quality and design that appeals to any Pokémon player and collector. The binder belongs to the Ultra Pro brand, a well-respected brand making high-quality and trusted gaming products.
- No. of Cards: 100 high-quality trading card display pages
- Capacity: Each page holds nine 2.5 by 3.5-inch trading cards
- Material: Top-loading, heavyweight polypropylene page with solid welds
- Dimensions: 11.14L x 11.14W x 2.12H inches
- Color: Multicolor
- Long lasting – Excellent build quality
- Looks elegant with Pikachu on the cover
- You can put the cards in the slots horizontally, which is more accessible and safer
- Available in a variety of color
- Excellent for storing a large cards collection
- You cannot add more pages to it
- It only accommodates standard-size cards
Check the Ultra Pro Pokémon Pikachu’s latest prices on Amazon
Best Overall Deck Boxes Binder
The deck comes in 6 factory-sealed boxes holding approximately 80 sleeved Pokémon cards and about 120 non-sleeved cards. The boxes are made of plastic and come in a variety of colors. They are an excellent cheap option that will last long.
- No. of cards: 80 sleeved cards on each box
- Capacity: Set of six factory-sealed Ultra-Pro Deck Boxes
- Material: Plastic
- Dimensions: 6.4″L x 5.7″W x 6.4″H
- Color: Multicolor
- Easy to open the lid
- The box will not open on its own even after dropping
- Excellent quality that will last long when well maintained
- It comes in a variety of colors
- Affordable and offers value for your money
- The box does not come with a separator
Check the Ultra Pro Deck Box Set’s latest prices on Amazon
Best Overall Album Style Binder
The TopDeck 9-pocket Binder is a high-quality binder that can hold up to 500 cards. Each card page on the binder can hold nine cards that can lay flat, even when lined up. The binder is made of safe leather material that is archival-safe, acid-free, and non-PVC, with a premium YKK zipper tech design that makes it easy to open and close.
- No. of cards: 500+ cards
- Capacity: 9 pockets per page standard look with built-in pages
- Material: Leather
- Dimensions: 21.5L x 11.7W x 13.4H inches
- Color: Multicolor
- Variety of Binder colors to choose from
- Pages are padded with extra security to withstand damage from weather elements or accidental spills.
- Large slots to accommodate all kinds of cards, including double-sleeved cards
- Perfect for travel and long-term storage
- Ideal for storing extensive Pokémon cards collection
- The deck is in the higher price range
- Owing to its tall size, you will need to store the binder horizontally
Check the TopDeck 9-pocket Binder’s latest prices on Amazon
Best Trading Card Binder for Large Collections
This binder fits 720 Pokémon cards! The Rayvol 9-Pocket Premium Zip Trading Card Binder is made of premium water-resistant PU leather and has a quality zipper with sturdy metal D-ring lock. The binder is a perfect combination of style and quality build that ensures that your Pokémon cards will be in mint condition for a long time.
- No. of cards: 720 cards
- Capacity: 18 pockets per page-double sided
- Material: Metal
- Dimensions: 14.76L x 12.95W x 2.6H inches
- Color: Multicolor
- Durable and Sturdy even when dropped accidentally
- Holds an extensive collection of cards
- Value for money
- Excellent leather design with well-sewn stitches
- The 4-pocket design is more convenient compared to the traditional 9-pocket design.
- You can replace the pages if need be
- Rings alignment may fail over time as they seem to be loosely connected
Check the Rayvol 9-Pocket Premium Zip Trading Card Binder’s latest prices on Amazon
Best Trading Card Binder For Kids & Young Collectors
The D DACCKIT 4-Pocket Trading Card Binder reminds you of a Poke ball and has a variety of bold colors that make it perfect for kids.
The binder can hold up to 400 cards at once and is ideal for kids starting to get into Pokémon games.
- No. of cards: 400 cards
- Capacity: 50 Pcs, 4-Pocket Pages
- Material: Fabric
- Dimensions: 9.84L x 7.4W x 2.01H inches
- Color: Multicolor
- The binder can hold an extensive collection of cards, and it is expandable
- Closed zipper design that ensures extra cards protection
- A bright and colorful appearance design ideal for kids
- High-quality waterproof PU fabric
- Ideal gift for kids
- At total capacity, flipping through the pages may cause some to fall out
- The case is smaller than expected
Check the D DACCKIT 4-Pocket Trading Card Binder’s latest prices on Amazon
What Is the Best Way to Organize Your Pokemon Cards?
There are many ways you can organize your Pokémon cards in the binders. Maintaining an organized binder is to make them easily accessible when needed. Here are a few different approaches you might consider:
- Alphabetically: One way to organize your cards is by their alphabetical letters. That makes it easy to find specific cards if you have an extensive card collection.
- Evolutionary: Pokémon cards evolve into stronger forms at each level. Organize your cards in your binder according to their evolution to make it easier to access them.
- National Numbers: The national number is often found below the Pokémon Card or in the bottom left corner of the card. Organizing the cards by national number is a simple way to keep them easily accessible in the binder.
- Type: Organize your Pokémon cards by type to quickly search your collection for valid type combinations
- Rarity: Rare cards are more valuable to every collector. Organize your cards by rarity to make it easy to evaluate the financial worth of your cards
Do Binders Damage Pokémon Cards?
Purchasing a quality binder will minimize the chances of damage to your Pokémon cards. However, it is also essential that you handle them with care when using them to prevent damage and prolong the card’s life.
To minimize damage to the cards while in the binder, use card sleeves or a top loader to reduce the risks of scratches or damage.
Avoid overloading the binder to ensure the cards stay in perfect condition while in the binder.
Binders are an essential tool for any Pokémon collector, and it is crucial to purchase a binder that offers protection, proper organization, and long life for your cards. Keeping your cards safe should be your biggest priority, whether you are a beginner with ten cards or a long-term collector with thousands of cards.
If you haven’t already, visit your nearest games store or online store and purchase one of the binders we recommended earlier in the article. We guarantee that it will be a worthy purchase.